RCDSO Excess Malpractice Liability Insurance Program
Once completed, you can download the certificate directly from the website as proof of insurance showing the amounts of insurance and the period of time the policy is in effect.
$70.50 – $791.50
- Excess Malpractice Liability Up to $23,000,000 available.
- Excess of primary RCDSO policy $2,000,000
- Claims Made
Personal Information Consent Form
As part of the application for new or renewal insurance coverage(s), the Client hereby authorizes the Broker to collect, use and disclose personal information of such insured individuals as required and as permitted pursuant to relevant privacy laws or other laws.
The Client hereby expressly consents to the Broker collecting, using and disclosing personal information of such insured individuals, or providing such personal information to third parties as required, including insurance companies. Where there are insured individuals in addition to the Client, or where the Client is a commercial or other entity, the Client hereby covenants and warrants that the Client has obtained the appropriate consent from all of the insured individuals to disclose their personal information to the Broker for these purposes.
I understand that if at any time I wish to review and/or obtain my personal information, or restrict the general nature of this consent to any specific area, from Jones DesLauriers Management Inc. I may make a written request to do so. I may also request a copy of their privacy policies, make other enquiries, express concerns or file a complaint by contacting Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc.'s Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer at Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc. is:
Eric Osborne, Chief Executive Officer
Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc.
1.877.232.9999 x 2435
Please note that no coverage will be afforded under the proposed policy for any claim arising out of any fact or circumstance or actual or alleged error, misstatement, misleading statement, act, omission, neglect, or breach of duty disclosed or required to be disclosed in response to questions in this application.
What Limit Should I Purchase?
The complexity of Malpractice claims make it difficult to advise "how much is enough".
Four Important Considerations when Deciding your Excess Limits
1. The size of your practice:
A larger practice has more patients, which means more exposure to potentials claims.
2. Years in business:
The longer you’ve been practicing, the more potential for claims. Some communities may be more likely to pursue legal remedies.
3. Location of your practice:
Some communities may be more likely to pursue legal remedies.
4. Tolerance for risk and Cost/Benefit:
Your tolerance for risk will guide you on whether or not the benefit of higher limits is worth the cost. As frequency in claims and defence costs increase, ask yourself, "What limit will help me sleep at night?"
Why Should you buy Legal Expense Insurance?
- Employment Disputes: The defense of any action following a dispute with an employee or ex-employee which arises out of or relates to his/her contract of employment (e.g. defense against wrongful dismissal charges, (discrimination).
- Contract Disputes: Dispute with a client or supplier in regards to a breach of contract (e.g. disputes with customers/suppliers, defense against claims of poor workmanship), or failure to pay an amount owed.
- Bodily Injury: Pursuit of claims for compensation relating to death or bodily injury sustained away from the workplace but while engaged in business activities. This coverage extends to any employee acting within the scope of their employment.
- Tax Protection: If you face an audit or wish to appeal a decision from the CRA (nil deductible)
- Unlimited Telephone Legal Advice
This is not a renewal application. If you are trying to renew your policy, please log in first. If you need to change your account's email address, please log in and change your email address in the "My Profile" page.